A Day Trip to Edinburgh on Board the Luxurious Belmond Northern Belle From Grimsby & Scunthorpe on 6th June 2015
In 2015 we are offering you the opportunity to join us on board the luxurious Belmond Northern Belle, a specially chartered trip for When You Wish Upon A Star with all profits being donated to help continue our work granting wishes for children across our region
Why not take the opportunity to surprise a loved one or that special someone for their birthday or anniversary with a seat on board this amazing trip or simply treat yourself to what we are sure will be a wonderful day trip to Edinburgh on board the Northern Belle, sister train to the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
Step onboard and you’re immediately transported back to the glamorous 1930s, when beautifully appointed “Belle” trains—the inspiration behind the Northern Belle - traversed the country in unrivalled comfort and style.
The carriages evoke the golden age of travel in all its glory—inside and out. From the handpainted and signwritten exterior to the luxuriously furnished interior, no detail has been overlooked. Walk through the train and you’ll discover magnificent floor mosaics, gleaming brassware and stylish ceiling murals. Most impressive, however, is the ornate veneered marquetry lining the walls, hand-crafted using methods that have scarcely changed for centuries and inspired by the great British castles and stately homes after which the carriages are named.
Celebrations and fabulous food go hand in hand. The Executive Head Chef and team take great pride in their seasonally changing menus, which come with a dash of flavour from the regions the train visits on its journeys. Despite its name, the Northern Belle doesn't travel solely around the north of England. It departs from over 60 regional stations across the UK, on day trips and weekend breaks to some of Britains best-loved destinations.
Welcome on board the Northern Belle for an exceptionally special Charity Day Trip to Edinburgh. Comprising stunning views, fantastic friends, the historic sights of Edinburgh and fine dining—the experience of a lifetime!
Our exclusive When You Wish Upon A Star train will hold a maximum of 276 very special passengers
Cost per person is £340, payable in three instalments:
£100 per person deposit at time of booking
£120 per person payable on 1st October 2014
£120 per person balance payable on 1st March 2015
Tables are configured in 2’s and 4’s. All bookings are non-cancellable and non-refundable
Demand is expected to be very high for this exceptional trip,
taking place on Saturday 6th June 2015
To book your places or to check availability, please contact us on 01472 827100 or email us at email@example.com
We hope that you will join us on this incredible trip.
Please Note: The route taken will not be determined until nearer the time. All carriages operate a NO SMOKING policy. This trip is subject to Orient-Express Northern Belle’s charter terms and conditions of carriage which can be viewed at;
OUR SPECIAL TRIP COMPRISES
- Brunch with Bellini on outward journey
- Approx. 5hrs in the beautiful city of Edinburgh
- Spend time as you wish in Edinburgh or choose one of our
excursion options (listed in this booklet)
- Glass of Champagne, 4 Course Fine Dining menu and Half Bottle of House Wine per person on the return journey
WHAT TO WEAR
Smart daywear is appropriate; please do not wear jeans or trainers. Do remember to wear sensible shoes as you will be outdoors for part of your time in Edinburgh.
This journey is suitable for passengers with special access needs
(Please advise at time of booking)
Dietary requirements and allergies can be catered for.
(Please advise at time of booking)
Scottish Menu Sample
Traditional Cock-a-Leekie served with a warm
Lanark Blue Cheese Scone
Roast Gremolata Coated Loin of Estate Organic Venison
Red Cabbage, Celeriac Puree, Onion Boulangere and Redcurrant Jus
Great British and European Cheeseboard and Homemade Chutney
Port or Whiskey served with the Cheese board
Trio of Desserts
Coffee & Petit Fours
Or Fudge Tablet
What better introduction to Edinburgh, Scotland’s celebrated capital, than an open top Edinburgh Tour Bus or Majestic Tour Bus
EXCURSION OPTION 1—THE EDINBURGH TOUR
Specially trained guides look forward to welcoming you, and to telling you all about the city’s rich history.
The modern low floor open top buses—complete with entrance ramps and wheelchair spaces—ensures the Edinburgh Tour offers easy access for all.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Edinburgh Castle—This Majestic landmark dominates Edinburgh’s skyline, perched on an extinct volcano. A rich mix of architectural styles reflects the castle’s complex history and role as both stronghold and seat of kings. View the Scottish Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny in the Castle’s Royal Apartments. Look for the tiny St Margaret’s Chapel, Edinburgh’s oldest building which dates from the 12th century.**
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse—The Queen’s official residence in Scotland. The Palace of Holyroodhouse is closely associated with Scotland’s turbulent past, including Mary, Queen of Scots. Today, the Palace is the setting for State ceremonies and official entertaining so opening arrangements may change at short notice.**
- Our Dynamic Earth—Travel back in time; be shaken by volcanoes; dive beneath the waves; feel the chill of polar ice; get caught in tropical rainstorms; journey into the future. Our Dynamic Earth is the Mother Earth of all adventures.**
- The Royal Mile—This famous cobbled street links the palace and the Castle and is full of historic buildings and paces of interest.**
- The Scottish Parliament—A striking addition to the Old Town skyline, the building is architecturally stunning, set among beautiful public gardens.**
** Please Note: This excursion comprises of your hop on hop off bus ticket. Entrance Fees to the above attractions are not included
EXCURSION OPTION 2—THE EDINBURGH TOUR
Welcome aboard the Majestic Tour, a journey from the City Centre, through the New Town out to the coast at Newhaven and Leith, then back via Edinburgh’s Old Town.
The informative multi-language commentary will guide you through the history of the places, people and sights along the route.
There are bus stops close to the attractions, so its easy to hop off to visit, then catch the next available Majestic Tour bus! The open top buses also offer easy access with an entrance ramp and wheelchair space.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Royal Botanical Garden Edinburgh—Set in 70 acres tranquillity, the Garden includes Britains tallest Palm House and a world famous rock garden. Entry is free to the grounds.**
- The Royal Yacht Britannia— See what life was like for the Royal Family on board the wonderful Royal Yacht, with an informative self-guided audio commentary. Highlights include the State Dining Room, the Sun Lounge and the Officers’ Wardroom.**
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse—The is the Queen’s official residence in Scotland and stands at the of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile against the spectacular backdrop of Arthurs Seat. As this is a working Royal Palace, opening arrangements may change at short notice.**
** Please Note: This excursion comprises of your hop on hop off bus ticket. Entrance Fees to the above attractions are not included.
EXCURSION OPTION 3—FREE TIME IN EDINBURGH
You will have approximately 5 hours in Edinburgh to enjoy as you would like to. Why not take this opportunity to spend some free time taking in the sights on foot, having a leisurely stroll down the Royal Mile or why not take to Princes Street, George Street and Multrees Walk for some retail therapy. There is so much to do and see in this wonderfully historic city.
Other pages in this section...
Add your eventGet in touch to talk about organising an event
Thank YouOur charity relies on many hundreds of generous people who support When You Wish Upon A Star and we are grateful when a corporate partner, community group, school or individual choose us to raise funds to enable us to continue granting some very special Wishes.
Afternoon Tea on board the Belmond Northern Belle sister train to the Venice-Simplon Orient-ExpressOn the7th June 2015 we are offering you the opportunity to join us on board the luxurious Belmond Northern Belle, sister train to the Venice-Simplon Orient-Express, a specially chartered trip for When You Wish Upon A Star
The Spirit of Travel Lunch on Board the Belmond Northern BelleCome and join us on board the luxurious Belmond Northern Belle, sister train to the Venice-Simplon Orient-Express. Departing from and returning to Cleethorpes Station On 7 June 2015.
Winteringham Fields on Board the Northern BelleOn the 12th Sept 2015 we are offering the opportunity to join us on board the luxurious Belmond Northern Belle, sister train to the Venice-Simplon Orient-Express.